July global Macro Monthly - Clouds darken Summer re-opening
- COVID-19 again haunts markets – the delta strain gains.
- A large re-opening recovery is underway. Yet virus re-emergence and supply-chain constraints are taking the shine off the pace of rebound.
- Inflation is rising synchronously, driven by base effects, commodities and bottlenecks. Mostly expectations remain well anchored suggesting a transitory rise.
- Some developed markets’ central banks are reducing asset purchases; the Federal Reserve remains “a ways” from such an announcement.
- Technicals and positioning account for lower yields, although recent dips suggest risk-off delta fears.
- Credit and equity remain well supported, although value-growth rotation in equity has reversed on lower yields. We prefer euro credit spreads to US.
This document is for informational purposes only and does not constitute investment research or financial analysis relating to transactions in financial instruments as per MIF Directive (2014/65/EU), nor does it constitute on the part of AXA Investment Managers or its affiliated companies an offer to buy or sell any investments, products or services, and should not be considered as solicitation or investment, legal or tax advice, a recommendation for an investment strategy or a personalized recommendation to buy or sell securities.
It has been established on the basis of data, projections, forecasts, anticipations and hypothesis which are subjective. Its analysis and conclusions are the expression of an opinion, based on available data at a specific date.
All information in this document is established on data made public by official providers of economic and market statistics. AXA Investment Managers disclaims any and all liability relating to a decision based on or for reliance on this document. All exhibits included in this document, unless stated otherwise, are as of the publication date of this document.
Furthermore, due to the subjective nature of these opinions and analysis, these data, projections, forecasts, anticipations, hypothesis, etc. are not necessary used or followed by AXA IM’s portfolio management teams or its affiliates, who may act based on their own opinions. Any reproduction of this information, in whole or in part is, unless otherwise authorised by AXA IM, prohibited.