AXA Investment Managers on Twitter – important information
This disclaimer relates to the AXA Investment Managers official corporate Twitter account, @AXAIM.
Content available from AXA Investment Manager's (AXA IM) Twitter page is for the purpose of disseminating information free of charge for the benefit of the public.
AXA IM does not guarantee, and accepts no legal liability whatsoever arising from or connected to, the accuracy, reliability, currency or completeness of any material contained on its Twitter page or on any linked site.
AXA IM recommends that users exercise their own skill, care, common sense and judgment with respect to their use of AXA IM's Twitter page and that users carefully evaluate the accuracy, currency, completeness and relevance of the material on the website for their purposes. The term "user" shall include any reader of AXA IM's Twitter page, whether or not that person follows the AXA IM's Twitter page.
The material on AXA IM's Twitter page is a summary only of the subject matter covered and is not intended to be nor should it be relied on as a substitute for professional advice. Users should obtain any appropriate professional advice relevant to their particular circumstances.
The material on AXA IM's Twitter page may include the views or recommendations of third parties, which do not necessarily reflect the views of AXA IM, or indicate its commitment to a particular course of action.
AXA IM's Twitter page may contain links to other websites that are external to AXA IM. AXA IM takes reasonable care in linking to websites but has no direct control over the content of the linked sites, or the changes that may occur to the content on those sites. It is the responsibility of the user to make its own decisions about the accuracy, currency, reliability and correctness of information contained in linked external websites.
Links to external websites do not constitute an endorsement or a recommendation of any material on those sites or of any third party products or services offered by, from or through those sites. Users of links provided by AXA IM's Twitter page are responsible for being aware of which organisation is hosting the website they visit.
More generally, any content, views, opinions and/or responses to questions uploaded, expressed or submitted by the creators, sponsors, advertisers or users of AXA IM's Twitter page utilized by AXA IM, other than the content provided by AXA IM, are solely the views, opinions and responsibility of the person submitting them and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of AXA IM. AXA IM is not responsible for content that third parties publish, post, upload, distribute, disseminate or otherwise transmit via AXA IM's Twitter page.
AXA IM's Twitter page may occasionally be unavailable and AXA IM accepts no responsibility for lack of service due to downtime.
While AXA IM will endeavour to maintain the currency and accuracy of information published via AXA IM's Twitter page, AXA IM does not warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of the information available on its Twitter page.
AXA IM, its subsidiaries, staff, agents and contractors, accept no liability in any way for the currency, accuracy or completeness of any material posted on its Twitter page and disclaims all responsibility for any loss or damage which may arise from the use of information provided via this vehicle.
Users should check the accuracy and currency of information before taking any action. Any reliance a user places on such information is strictly at his/her own risk.
AXA IM may include links or references to other web pages or sites as part of its tweet postings, but these links are not an endorsement of their content. In more general terms, AXA IM is not responsible for the content of any web site not operated by AXA IM.
As such, AXA IM:
- does not control or guarantee and can therefore not be held responsible for the accuracy, relevance, timeliness or completeness of information contained on a linked website;
- does not endorse, support or agree with the organisations sponsoring linked websites or the views they express or the products/services they offer;
- cannot and does not authorise the use of copyrighted materials contained in linked websites: users must request such authorization from the sponsor of the linked website.
AXA IM will not guarantee to reply individually to comments and messages received via its Twitter page. Likewise, if a user follows AXA IM on Twitter, AXA IM will not automatically follow him/her back. For responses to queries or complaints, please consult AXA IM's corporate website at www.axa-im.com/important-information for the appropriate channels of information.
While AXA IM does not wish to stifle conversation on its Twitter page, users must not post or upload any comments or links to AXA IM's Twitter page that are unlawful, or may defame, discriminate, offend, interfere with privacy or infringe copyright or other intellectual property rights. AXA IM reserves the right to moderate comments and may remove any comments that, in AXA IM's opinion, are inappropriate.
AXA IM takes a strong stance on deleting content which could be discriminatory, hateful or threatening and actions which may offend, insult, humiliate or intimidate.
When contributing views to AXA IM's Twitter page, the user should ensure that they:
Do protect his/her personal privacy and that of others (including his/her customers) by not including personal information about himself/herself or others in his/her comments, (such as names, email addresses, private addresses or phone numbers);
- Do post material to AXA IM's Twitter page that is relevant to the issues being consulted on;
- Do represent his/her own views and do not impersonate or falsely represent any other person;
- Do not abuse, harass or threaten others;
- Do not make defamatory or slanderous comments;
- Do not use insulting, provocative or hateful language;
- Do not use obscene or offensive language;
- Do not post material to the forum that infringes the intellectual property rights of others;
- Do not post multiple versions of the same view to the forum;
- Do not incite, encourage or make reference to conduct that may constitute a criminal or civil offence or otherwise violate national laws;
- Do not promote commercial interests in his/her posts to AXA IM's Twitter page;
- Do not post comments promoting personal professional interests;
- Do not include internet addresses, videos, images or any email addresses, in his/her contribution.
Do not post anything which:
- racially or religiously vilifies others;
- incites, induces or aids violence, discrimination, harassment, victimisation or hatred towards others, or;
- is likely to offend, insult or humiliate others, particularly on the basis of their race, colour, descent, national origin, religion, ethnicity, gender, age, sexual orientation or any disability.
AXA IM expects that users will treat each other with respect. AXA IM will delete posted comments that contain vulgar or abusive language, pornography, personal attacks of any kind, offensive terms that target specific ethnic or racial groups or incite violence. AXA IM will delete comments that are spam, are clearly "off topic" or that promote services or products. Comments that make unsupported accusations will also be taken out of the discussion.
AXA IM does not undertake to inform users when their comments and posts are moderated, however AXA IM will warn and take appropriate action to suspend and expel users who regularly and consistently submit inappropriate content. Repeat offenders may be blocked from using AXA IM's Twitter page indefinitely.
- The use of vulgar, offensive, threatening or harassing language is prohibited;
- AXA IM's Twitter page is not open to the promotion or advertisement of a business or commercial transaction;
- This moderation policy is subject to amendment or modification at any time to ensure its continued use is consistent with its intended purpose.
AXA IM will monitor and remove as soon as feasibly possible any abnormal cyber activity that appears to be a cyber threat or cybercrime such as phishing or hacking.
Important Legal Information and Cautionary Statements Concerning Forward-Looking Statements
Certain statements contained on AXA IM's Twitter page may contain forward-looking statements, including, but not limited to, statements that are predictions of or indicate future events, trends, plans or objectives. Undue reliance should not be placed on such statements because, by their nature, they are subject to known and unknown risks and uncertainties. AXA IM undertakes no obligation to publicly update or revise any of these forward-looking statements, whether to reflect new information, future events or circumstances or otherwise.
Social bookmarking and sharing
AXA IM uses social bookmarking and sharing buttons on a number of its websites. These buttons enable visitors to easily share content on AXA IM's websites via Twitter.